Saving issue with Innocous' SoulFu?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Saving issue with Innocous' SoulFu?

Post  Waltorious on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:00 am

Hello,

I'm a new player and I decided to try out Innocuous' SoulFu after playing SoulFu Saving for a while. I deleted SoulFu Saving and installed Innocuous' version, but for some reason after making a new character and hitting the "start game" button, it drops me in the middle of the dungeon as a level 3 G'nome named Stuggles, who is definitely not the character I created. It seems to be impossible to start a new game. I also tried loading a game... there appear to be two savegames that came with the game, but those don't work either, I still get Stuggles, in the second part of the dungeon (with the water and crabs, the place you get to after the basement). Anyone know what the issue is? Thanks!

Waltorious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Saving issue with Innocous' SoulFu?

Post  Dusk on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:08 am

Innocuous' version has an older saving system, which is a bit buggy. You may encounter several saving problems when playing it.
To start a new game you will have to delete the old save file.
Dusk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aelesis on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:11 am

Dusk got it. You need to delete the savegame0.bin file from the folder, since it writes a new one every time you change rooms while playing. This is a much worse and more primitive version of the saving system.
Aelesis
Admin

View user profile http://effit.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top