SoulFu Forums II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulFu arena: Version 1.0

4 posters

Go down

SoulFu arena: Version 1.0 Empty SoulFu arena: Version 1.0

Post  XStormX Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:02 am

SoulFu arena: Version 1.0 20100922225349
SoulFu arena: Version 1.0 20100922225403

SoulFu arena: Version 1.0 Botodedownloaddodownloadok

version soulfu arena
this version was posted on another forum but can not remember who it was, I had downloaded and I'm here posted again
Good Bye
XStormX
XStormX

Back to top Go down

SoulFu arena: Version 1.0 Empty Re: SoulFu arena: Version 1.0

Post  Jari Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:58 pm

Awwsome!My friends will be happy when they see this!

Jari

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentX Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:16 am

If anyone's interested I blended Xuln's Saving system with this so you can now save and play arena SoulFu.
AgentX
AgentX

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentX Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:16 am

If anyone's interested I blended Xuln's Saving system with this so you can now save and play arena SoulFu.
AgentX
AgentX

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentX Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:19 am

Also the person who originally made the arena was bravebebe from the old forums.
AgentX
AgentX

Back to top Go down

Post  drugon Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:54 pm

I didn't play Arena mod much but I think that this is good idea. But it would be more interesting if you could play arena like in Hammerfight (I strongly advice you to try this game if you didn't play it yet ^_^). What I mean:
1. You go to arena level 1 and crush enemies there (or die a horrible death).
2. If you've killed all enemies than you should get a reward, if no - you're appearing in the town. Well, it is so now in current version of arena mod. But I think that second wave shouldn't go after the first one until you exit arena and enter it again.
3. In case if you didn't complete arena level 1, than you can try it again. In case if you completed arena level 1, then you'll get to arena level 2 if you enter it again.
P.S. I think that player must have a possibility to run away if he want (and can, he-he). But in this case he won't get a reward and will get to same arena level there he was (like in case of death) if he dare to try it again. Also - reward should be as great as arena level (not sure if now it is so).

As for blue hearts - I think that mana and health system should be upgraded strongly, but possibly not this way.
Mana system:
There should be mana regeneration to my opinion. Formula of mana regeneration should be like: 50/Int=seconds that needed to regenerate one mana point. So if you have 50 Int, you'll get 1 mana per second. If you have 25 Int, you'll get 1 mana per 2 seconds. Why should we do it? Cause now it's pretty hard to play wizard and mystic, and apprentices are much less useful than squires. Of course mana should regenerate until sustain level. You may say - but it will be not interesting if player will be wait until he and his apprentices mana will restore before entering another room. But don't forget about hunger! ^_^ So if you will decide to wait - you'll have to eat something. And it's better just to drink mana potion and run to next room to fight with evil than wait!
Health system:
Now there are much troubles with health system if you don't play healer or don't have her in your party. I'm saying about heavy wounds. I played d'warf several times and earlier or later there was a situation when I had plenty of gold, food and other stuff... but had only one hit point left. So here is my thoughts about changing of health system. First of all - food should restore health. Cookies - one hit point, fish - two hit points, meat - three hit points, pork - four hit points, food ration - five hit points. Second - usual health potion should also heal one hit point of heavy wound with 90% chances and 10% chances all heavy wounds. Third - super health potions should always restore all health with all heavy wounds.
So... what you think about all of it? ^_^

drugon

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentX Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:38 am

I think that it's a good thing that you can't run away, like a boss room. I definately think you should get leave after you win and come back for the next one.

Mana regeneration is good, but I think it shoud be 250 or maybe even 500 divided by intellegence. That way if you run out in the middle of the fight you still have to use your dagger. Beacause that would take a long time to regain up to 50 mana I still think there should be a few blue hearts. Maybe 20% of the time there is a heart it would be blue. Your health potion idea is good.
AgentX
AgentX

Back to top Go down

Post  drugon Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:09 am

Blue hearts can ruin the balance a little if they'll remove effect of sustain spells. As for mana regeneration - it should be tested. I think that if this feature can be released then it will be not difficult to change the rate.

drugon

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentX Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:15 am

We should try it with and without blue hearts and various times for mana regeneration.
Some more things that i think shoud be added/changed are:
- the way of losing courage should be changed, it's not couragous to not drink a health potion if you need one, that's just being stupid
-fishing poles should be able to get you fish somehow, maybe we should start with if you are standing in water, using the fishing pole will give you a fish and you will lose 20 coins. We could improve from that.
-Soldiers kind of suck compared to Elves, so they should be able to have up to 1500 coins.
AgentX
AgentX

Back to top Go down

Post  drugon Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:16 pm

Classes should be also rebalanced, but not at the first instance. As for fishing pole - we must find out first how many hunger points restore each food. As for courage - maybe only with super potions so it wouldn't become too easy?

drugon

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentX Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:43 pm

The amount of hunger restored for each type of food (I'm not sure what the maximum hunger is)

Cookie-1500

Fish-12000

Monster Meat-18000

Porc Meat-24000

Food Ration-24000

For the courage thing I was thinking that instead of losing courage for health potions, super health potions, or wunnup cups, instead when you leave a room you would lose 1 courage for every monster still in that room.
AgentX
AgentX

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentX Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:59 pm

Also I'm putting music in the game
AgentX
AgentX

Back to top Go down

Post  drugon Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:14 am

Porc Meat-24000

Food Ration-24000
In this case porc meat should restore as more HP as food ration - 4.

What I think about rebalancing of virtues. That's the information that I found in the manual on the old forum:
A. Compassion
- Gain five points per Healing or Super Healing potion used by a Helper that you give them (thanks bbirdsey) or two points per each successful use of the Healer's Kiss ability on an ally
Well, it's OK, but it's impossible to lose compassion points now and you won't get any drawback after getting this virtue. That's how we need to change it:
A. Compassion
- Gain five points per Healing potion or ten points per Super Healing used by a Helper that you give them or two points per each successful use of the Healer's Kiss ability on an ally
- Lose five points per 'friendly strike' (hope that it can be released)
- Drawback -- Cannot use usual healing potions (give them all to your Helper ^_^)
B. Dilligence
- Gain one point per box or barrel smashed or two for each chest opened
- When you leave a room, lose one point per unsmashed box or unopened chest, and one for entering a room you have been in before
- NOTE : If you have 100 Dilligence, you will no longer lose one point for entering a room you have entered previously
That's almost OK for now, but it's pretty hard to gain this virtue in case of death cause chests almost don't restore unlike barrels and boxes. First of all - chests should also restore like barrels and boxes. So here are the changes:
B. Dilligence
- Gain one point per box or barrel smashed or two for each chest opened
- When you leave a room, lose one point per unsmashed box or unopened chest, and one for entering a room you have been in before
- NOTE : If you have 100 Dilligence, you will no longer lose one point for entering a room you have entered previously
- Drawback -- 25% increasing time of appearing chests, boxes and barrels (so if you play 2 players mode and both of you get this virtue - 50% increasing, in 3 players mode - 75%, in 4 players mode - 100% increasing; not sure how this system works, but for example - if you play 4 players mode and none of you took this virtue then box, barrel or chest will appear every ten minutes in rooms that you've cleaned up, but if all of you took this virtue then it should take twenty minutes to restore box, barrel or chest)
C. Honor
- Gain one point per creature "honorably" killed
- Lose points for striking enemies in the back or while they're downed
- Drawback -- Cannot damage downed monsters
Shouldn't be changed at all to my opinion. ^_^
D. Faith
- Gain one point each time you use the "Pray" ability
- Lose ten points each time you eat meat, such as Monster Meat, Porc Meat, etc. (thanks rockachopa) or twenty-five points for each casting of Animate Dead
- Drawback -- Cannot eat meat or cast Animate Dead
You may just pray 100 hundred times now and get this virtue which is not right to my opinion. That's how it should be rebalanced:
D. Faith
- Gain fifty points each time you use the "Pray" ability successfully (first time using pray then your health is not full or for getting another virtue)
- Lose one point for every "Pray" ability without success (just praying without effect) or ten points each time you eat meat, such as Monster Meat, Porc Meat, etc. (thanks rockachopa) or twenty-five points for each casting of Animate Dead
- Drawback -- Cannot eat meat or cast Animate Dead
E. Courage
- Gain points for killing a boss monster depending on the strength of the monster (thanks bbirdsey)
- Lose twenty points per Healing or Super Healing potion used, or lose ALL points for using a Wunnup Cup
- Drawback -- Cannot use Healing Potions, Super Healing Potions, or Wunnup Cups
Courage system pretty hardcore now. I think it should be changed this way:
E. Courage
- Gain points for killing a boss monster depending on the strength of the monster (thanks bbirdsey)
- Lose five points per Healing or ten points per Super Healing potion used, or lose fifty points for using a Wunnup Cup
- Drawback -- Cannot use Super Healing Potions

P.S. Music is a good idea, but player should have a possibility to turn it off if he want to listen another music.

drugon

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentX Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:16 am

The virtue system definitely needs lots of work. What about other things that need to be balanced like the classes and the fact that dexterity is better than either intelligece and stregth?
AgentX
AgentX

Back to top Go down

Post  drugon Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:29 am

By the way - some virtue forbidden you from getting hew helpers as I remember. Is that so?

If mana regeneration will be implemented then intelligence become more useful. Another reason for increasing intelligence in changing g'nome tinkering (I'll write about it later). As for strength - how about implementing critical hits x2? Strength level in this case will be similar to percent of making critical hit (with strength 10 where will be 1/10 chance that you'll hit x2, with strength 50 where will be 1/2 chance that you'll hit x2).

drugon

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentX Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:23 am

or some sort of wound regeneration for strength?
AgentX
AgentX

Back to top Go down

Post  drugon Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:53 am

Possibly yes. The idea is that strength (and other parameters) should increase something with every point but not only every five points. Dexterity does as I know, strength and intelligence - do not at the moment.

drugon

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentX Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:13 am

I think the first edition we make should at least include mana and slow wound regeneration for intellegence. If we have wound regeneration we might not even need to change the health potion (we should still change the super potion).

Now about class balancing. I think (as I said before) soldiers should have a max of 1500 coins. D'warfs and Mystics should also get something else I think. (maybe faster wound regeneration for D'warfs)

Also I was looking through files and I found a new monster, FLYING WEAPONS. They are literally either swords and axes that just fly around doing damage to things they hit. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with them whatsoever. I'm definately going to put them in traps because they are so cool.
AgentX
AgentX

Back to top Go down

Post  drugon Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:53 am

Soldier should have a possibility to hit (but not to move) while using shield. In this case we'll have at least one class that will use shields, cause now they are pretty useless.

Maybe intelligence should increase possibility to heal heavy wounds with usual health potions? Formula can be look like this:
Chances to heal one point of heavy wound in percents=Intelligence
Chances to heal all heavy wound in percents=Intelligence/2
So if player will have 20 intelligence chances to heal one point of heavy wound will be 20% and chances to heal all heavy wound will be 10%.

Is it easy to hit these flying weapons?

drugon

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentX Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:17 am

I don't think I could make soldiers attack while using a shield. I like the potion/wound healing idea. There already is a music volume control and it will apply for the music I have used too (the music files were already made and loaded into SoulFu just never told to acctually play during the game)

The flying weapons are fairly easy to hit but I won't make them be included until the caves or maybe a few in the sewer because they can be a little tough.
AgentX
AgentX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down