[ 0 ]
33% 33% 
[ 10 ]
7% 7% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 30

Favorite Class

Post  ShellShocker on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:40 am

This is a common question. What is your favourite class? Choose one from the poll and explain why this is your favourite class. Is it the agile Hubbin? The magical wizard? Is it the supportive Healer? The choice is yours. You can choose from the existing classes that are shown in the poll.

I myself love the Wizard. He is probably my favourite class because although very weak at first, he is an excellent fighter in the future and a great supportive character for enchant ally's weapons and casting things like haste on allies. He is basically the only class to use magic attacks as his primary attacks. I usually use Lightning whenever I can because it is cheap, efficient, and hits multiple enemies from time tot time.

Note: I might be forgetting one of the classes, please just write it in your post below if you remember it.
ShellShocker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Class

Post  Aelesis on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:40 pm

G'nome. I love tanking things. (Pardon the pun.)
Aelesis
Admin

View user profile http://effit.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ditto on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:16 pm

My favorite would be either the mystic or the d'warf, the mystic probably coming on top. The mystic is an effective class to use, since you can deal plenty of damage using two swords in normal combat while relying on spells like flame wall and teleport to save you in tough situations, enchantments such as enchant (duh), deflect, and levitate to keep you alive and make you able to avoid enemies in battle, and spells such as knock and mapping to help you in general dungeon exploring. You can summon zombies to back you up in battle, or pray to kill undead around you. Plus, two swords are just cool. Very Happy

The d'warf is my second favorite- strength isn't actually that ineffective when you have around 20-30 points of it, poison immunity, and full armor with a shield. You actually don't need to bring around that much food, because you can eat rotten food with poison immunity. Even red dragonmen only deal 1 damage to you with normal attacks, attacks that would deal up to ten to any other class. Healers are pretty good too, with major wound immunity, but to be honest, I'd rather have a larger food supply, higher STR and HP, and rely on hearts.

ditto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aelesis on Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:08 am

The Mystic is held back by the fact that trying to improve all stats results in a mediocre level for each. I prefer classes that major in at least one or two things.
Aelesis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShellShocker on Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:52 pm

Agreed, Mystic already has the penalty of no head armor, and he also has low HP/MP which makes him quite fragile. Even though being sort of a "Battle Mage" he is still weak in stats compared to other classses. E.g. D'warf has Strength/HP, Hubbin has Dex, Wizard has Int/MP. Mystic seems to be lacking any major fighting skills but is still a decent character for fighting undead or sometimes a support character when playing Multiplayer. Also, Ditto, I agree with you on the D'warf.
ShellShocker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ditto on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:57 pm

The mystic isn't that bad. You don't really have to focus on all the stats, dex, int, and very rarely, mana can take care of things for you.

ditto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aelesis on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Seems like a better idea would be investing in magic for an Elf.
Aelesis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ditto on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:43 pm

Maybe, but you need 5 points of stats just to get magic...

ditto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShellShocker on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:10 am

Yeah. And 5 points could much better be invested in Dex/Str. Plus - that's only 1 MP and about 15 intelligence. I haven't really tried a Magic elf out really. It could work but it might not be worth it.

Anyone else think that the Dwarf's -5 MP (as in it takes 10 points invested in MP to get one MP) is pretty unfair because he gets those points put in HP/STR. I think it is since most combat classes never usually get MP. Though, his INT and DEX are both low, in fact. This has gotten more into a stat discussion. But that's fine since it is a thread about Classes.
ShellShocker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ditto on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:38 pm

The problem is, the 5 points required to give classes MP makes it so that by the time you actually have a reasonable amount of MP, you're too high leveled to invest points in INT, and you've just wasted time.

Maybe the 5 point deduction from MP should be removed, the d'warves should have a 5 point reduction instead of a ten point reduction, and magic classes should have a 5 point boost? That would be a nice step in making magic accesible to more than just the mystic and wizard.

ditto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShellShocker on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:54 pm

Yeah, that'd be a lot better I think. There's no real point in training magic if you need so many stat poitns invested into it. It'd encourage the use of magic and evenly spreading out your stats. It'd be fun to make a Soldier that uses magic.
ShellShocker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zamoair on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:47 pm

In fact, I have tried to play as a Soldier and investing 10 points to magical powers. If i remember correctly, I was level 3 whit 10 HP, 12 STR, 12 DEX, 5 MP and 16 INT. Was pretty cool, but I died too many times due to my low DEX and INT. And I had to pay shitloads of coins + I am that kind of a player that don't change Random Items so yeahh.

But for my favourite class I will pick the Wizard. Using Flame Wall to block charging monsters, shooting them whit my Lighting, Disenchanting zombies and all other unholy creatures and teleporting away from enemies to drink my Mana Potion and continue the battle. So cool class, but low HP. And singleplaying the Wizard isn't very good way to go.

And yea hi, I am Zamoair!
Zamoair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasmo on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:26 am

Wizard. Low HP, but it has mana and spellzz. Like Zamo said, blocking enemies whit your fire wall and spamming them whit lighting. Ossum.

Tasmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

elves

Post  AgentX on Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:35 am

mystics turn undead ability is fun...
AgentX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  theDarkChampion on Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:10 pm

I love the healer...because you can't get heavy wounds and heal your self all time (also in f9 mode) with healing portionsan wirh 2 players you can fill up your compassion very fast and easy (healing kiss)
I often use a healing portion after pressing f9 ..for example in such situations
theDarkChampion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Elf ftw

Post  MohnouGuy on Sun May 17, 2015 3:12 pm

some may say its borring, but i think elf is really fun to mess around with and reach the 30 dex -> double jump, also fun to play are gnome dwarf and healer, i never liked wizard soldier or hubbin.

MohnouGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top