SoulFu Forums II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opengl-ES Port (and code)

2 posters

Go down

Opengl-ES Port (and code) Empty Opengl-ES Port (and code)

Post  Pickle Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:31 pm

I finished a conversion of the opengl code in soulfu to opengles 1.1. This should be a big piece to getting soulfu to run on mobile devices. I did this targeting the Pandora as my target system. Be aware the code below was the 1.5 source, I could apply it the svn code if I can find someone that has commit access.

pickle.gp2x.de/source/soulfu_pandora.zip

On a second note I have a control problem and it appears to be ARM related. I cant control the player correctly, I can go up and left, but not down or right. Ive tried debugging the code and I believe the controls are working correctly. I think the problem lies between moving from gotoxy coords and position xy coords.
I see the same problem with the svn code. Ive been suspecting maybe there is something in the scripts thats going wrong?

Anyway im hoping I found some others here that have some interest in this and the problems can be worked out.

Pickle

Back to top Go down

Opengl-ES Port (and code) Empty Re: Opengl-ES Port (and code)

Post  donky Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:16 pm

Pickle wrote:I finished a conversion of the opengl code in soulfu to opengles 1.1. This should be a big piece to getting soulfu to run on mobile devices. I did this targeting the Pandora as my target system. Be aware the code below was the 1.5 source, I could apply it the svn code if I can find someone that has commit access.

pickle.gp2x.de/source/soulfu_pandora.zip

On a second note I have a control problem and it appears to be ARM related. I cant control the player correctly, I can go up and left, but not down or right. Ive tried debugging the code and I believe the controls are working correctly. I think the problem lies between moving from gotoxy coords and position xy coords.
I see the same problem with the svn code. Ive been suspecting maybe there is something in the scripts thats going wrong?

Anyway im hoping I found some others here that have some interest in this and the problems can be worked out.

I have SVN commit access to http://soulfu.motherhamster.org/ and if you provide a patch, I can submit it. Send me a PM here if you get one together.

donky

Back to top Go down

Post  Pickle Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:52 pm

donky wrote:
I have SVN commit access to the svn and if you provide a patch, I can submit it. Send me a PM here if you get one together.

ok great, the one thing that im thinking about it not separating the old opengl code with the new. Vertex arrays are by desktop OpenGL versions and it would be just cluttered with both.
Any opinions?

Also the first patch would just be for normal rendering, I didnt go through and convert all of the dev-tool rendering.

Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post  donky Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:25 am

I expect your movement bugs are related to incompatibilities with the ARM platform. You will have to keep on debugging.

After thinking about it, I think you should branch the trunk and add your changes and we can get them finalised in the branch. When they are stable and cleaned up, we can merge them into the trunk. As it is the trunk still has some bugs remaining from the code cleanup and we should aim to keep it as stable as possible, and only commit changes to it that either keep it at least as bugfree and stable as it already is. I'll send you some information about getting SVN access.

Cheers.

donky

Back to top Go down

Post  Pickle Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:43 pm

Ok i have access to the svn now, so il will create a new branch with my changes.
I got most of the changes added to my local svn copy over the weekend, it does run but there are some bugs are present so i will need to spend some time double checking things.

Are there issues in the current svn? For example i try to enter the castle and i get a sigabort in the psxx code.

Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post  donky Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:13 pm

Pickle wrote:Ok i have access to the svn now, so il will create a new branch with my changes.
I got most of the changes added to my local svn copy over the weekend, it does run but there are some bugs are present so i will need to spend some time double checking things.

Are there issues in the current svn? For example i try to enter the castle and i get a sigabort in the psxx code.
Last time I tested, entering the castle worked fine. There are issues, and they should be listed in the BUGS file in the trunk directory.

donky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum